Monday, August 15, 2011

My very first blog ever!


I am a book addict. I can admit it, I have a problem. I tried to count my books one day, and lost track somewhere around 500. I cannot walk by a book store without going in, especially if it’s a used book store. I have a library card, but I so seldomly remember to turn the books in on time, that I spend as much in late fees as if I had just gone out and bought the book. Besides, I love owning them, and re-reading them. I like reading a little bit of everything except western and romance. I haven’t quite gotten into those genres yet. Mostly I read YA fiction and Science Fiction, but I try not to limit myself too much to one genre.

I am 28 and recently moved from a giant city with millions of people to the tiny town my parents live in (1100 people) so that I can save money because I would like to go to grad school overseas. It’s the town my dad grew up in, so everyone here seems to already know my name even though I have never laid eyes on them before. It’s slightly creepy. I’m currently getting my Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies through Arizona State online, and I want my Master’s to be in English. Hopefully, one day I will be working in publishing. Ultimately, I would like to own my own bookstore someday, complete with a printing press of some sort so that I can also publish books.

That’s the dream anyway, and it seemed to me that the best first step towards realizing that dream was to start up a book blog and immerse myself in the community. So, I look forward to exploring your blogs (this is totally new to me), and hopefully you all enjoy mine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment